Empire Corridor Improvements – Weekly Update September 9, 2021
Back to School Means Sharing the Road with School-age Pedestrians and Bicyclists
- Please obey speed laws in school zones.
- Watch for both pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Allow for extra driving time immediately before and after school.
- Don’t block the crosswalk when stopped at a red light or waiting to make a turn.
Due to a COVID outbreak, the opening of the new roundabout has been delayed and is now slated for early October.
Early morning work may occur through early September. Work will begin as early as 4 a.m. during this timeframe. This work is limited to NE Butler Market Road and NE Purcell Blvd intersection.
Intermittent work will occur at the intersections of NE Wild Rivers Loop, NE Cradle Mountain Way, NE Purser Avenue and NE Castle Avenue for the next few weeks.
One intersection will be closed at a time during work hours. All intersections will be open at the end of the work day.
- Construction is dependent on weather, COVID-19 protocols and other factors.
- Workers may be working Saturday, September 11, 2021.
- NE Butler Market Road and NE Purcell Blvd roundabout is scheduled to open in October.