One of our primary goals is to monitor land use and development in our neighborhood.
Our Land Use Chair is Carol Elwood.
Contact us if you have questions or concerns about land use in our neighborhood.
For more information about Land Use in general or how to submit an effective public comment on a land use issue or development application, please see our Frequently Asked Questions!
Land Use Resources:
(from the City of Bend)
- Tips for Providing Written Comment on a Land Use Application
- Tips for Providing Comments at a Neighborhood Public Meeting
- Tips for Providing Oral Comments
- Deciphering Parking Calculations
- Public Involvement Flow Chart
- New Regulations Driven by State Legislation, Council or Community
- Path to Reviewing a Land Use Application
- Land Use 101
Below are links to current land use notices in our neighborhood
(newest at the top)
- Application for 48-unit apartment building, 618 NE Bellevue Drive. This is Phase 2, and will closely resemble Phase 1. Comment period closes 10/29/21.
- Application for Short Term Rental, 2681 Moonlight Drive. Comment period closes 10/29/21.
- Approval to expand dental office by 1,080 Square feet, at 2250 Professional Ct.
- Application for 2 R&D buildings at NE 18th and Brinson Blvd. This is in Boyd Acres NA, near but not in MVNA. Comment period ends 10/28.
- Decision on HB 2001 Code changes, and Ordinance, passed at the October 6th Council Meeting. This codifies Bend’s response to OR HB2001 which mandates zoning changes to allow increased density.
- Application to change facade of commercial building: Smolich Poperties, 1865 NE Hwy 20. Comment period open until 10/21/21.
Land Use FAQs and Comment Instructions
Join Mountain View NA
Curious to learn more about what is happening in Mountain View and the City of Bend?