The Mountain View Neighborhood District (MVND) is free to join and provides residents the opportunity to help shape the future of our neighborhood. We are one of 13 neighborhood districts in Bend, Oregon.
This is our opportunity to foster a better working relationship with the city and have a more impactful voice on projects that affect our neighborhood.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE – July 24–31 Purcell Extension
- Pre-paving preparation work continues on the new roadway section of the Purcell Boulevard extension. Paving of this section is targeted for late July. Purcell Boulevard will remain closed until the completion of the modernization.
- Concrete curb and sidewalk through the extension portion
With a number of construction improvements underway throughout the community, we would like to express our appreciation of the public’s patience as roadway and utility infrastructure improvements continue.
Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!
One of our primary goals is to monitor land use and development in our neighborhood. Our Land Use Chair is Carol Elwood. Contact us if you have questions or concerns about land use in our neighborhood.
- Application to adjust sign placement standards for 3 signs at 2060 NE Hwy 20. Asking for a 25% hight increase in sign standards, for Subaru auto dealership. Comment period ends August 1, 2023.
- Approval of NW portion of Parkside Place. 21415 Hwy 20: 108 units in 12 buildings.
- Modification to application for expansion of Central Oregon Radiology. Comment period ended 7/14/23.
- Approval of site plan, Micro Units at 2101 NE Holliday Ave.
- Clarico at Petrosa Public Meeting July 13th. Muti-unit apartment complex just north of Commercial area. Neighbors concerned that they were not informed of this density when they purchased their property.
- Eastmont Church Public Meeting July 18th. New construction to add sanctuary and additional classrooms. Asking for variance to increase height from 35′ allowed to 38′. Current gravel de-facto parking will be paved when construction is complete, increasing on site parking. Neighbors concerned about parking blocking mailboxes on Providence.
- Neighborhood Meeting, pre application, for Trinity Lutheran church and school, 2550 NE Butler Market Rd. June 14th, 6 pm, at the Church/Gym. The proposal is to build a 27,982 square foot building for worship, classrooms, and performing arts; to build a 9,000 sf accessory structure; to build sports courts and a track. Click here for meeting announcement and diagram of subdivision, Parkside Place
- Site Plan Review for Parkside Place Master Plan.