The Mountain View Neighborhood Association (MVNA) is free to join and provides residents the opportunity to help shape the future of our neighborhood. We are one of 13 neighborhood associations in Bend, Oregon.
This is our opportunity to foster a better working relationship with the city and have a more impactful voice on projects that affect our neighborhood.
The Deschutes County Commission approved additional American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) investments for projects that total $1.3 million. “We’re excited to be able to use these federal funds for strategic investments to reduce homelessness, provide prompt access to justice and to support emergency response services,” said Commissioner Phil Chang.READ MORE
City of Bend News Release January 19, 2022 From: Anne Aurand, Communications Director 541-388-5573, firstname.lastname@example.org Contact: City Councilor Anthony Broadman 541-749-7519, email@example.com City Council Authorizes Purchase of Motel At its meeting Wednesday, the City Council approved buying the 1.03-acre site at 154 NE Franklin Avenue, which includes theREAD MORE
MVNA will be holding an in-person meet and greet on Saturday, January 22, at the Starbucks located in the Barnes and Noble in the Forum Shopping Center, from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. If you would like to meet with board members in person (practicing social distancing, of course), youREAD MORE
One of our primary goals is to monitor land use and development in our neighborhood. Our Land Use Chair is Carol Elwood. Contact us if you have questions or concerns about land use in our neighborhood.
- Approval of application for 87-unit housing development at 2365 NE Conners. Included are 6 3-story apartment buildings and 2 amenity buildings.
- The Sounding Board to House our Neighbors is recommending a proposed package of amendments to the Bend Comprehensive Plan and Bend Development Code (see here) for three permanent shelter types (Group, Multi-Room, and Outdoor) and two temporary shelter types (Temporary and Hardship Housing).
- The Bend Planning Commission will hold a virtual work session on January 24, 2022, at 5:30 pm and a virtual public hearing on February 14, 2022 at 5:30 pm to review the proposed amendments and make a recommendation to the City Council. The Planning Commission work session and hearing will be held remotely via a virtual meeting platform. The agendas will be provided at least one week prior to the meeting date and will explain how to view, listen to, provide comment, and/or participate in the virtual meetings. Once the meeting has started, the meeting can also be live-streamed by clicking the hyperlink for video in progress. Additional information may be found at https://www.bendoregon.gov/planningcommission.
- Public Hearing Wednesday February 2, 2022, 7:00 pm. Amendments to Bend Comprehensive Plan and Transportation System Plan, regarding Juniper Ridge Overlay Zone. Virtual meeting, see here for more information and how to attend.
- Application for whole house Short Term Rental, 2883 NE Baroness Pl (at intersection with Ocker). Comments closed January 19, 2022. Comments must reference this project number: PLSTR20211051
- Petrosa: Application Received for 51-lot phased subdivision. This is a parcel of Petrosa that is SE of the Butler Market/Eagle Rd intersection. Comment period closed 1/6/22.