The Mountain View Neighborhood Association (MVNA) is free to join and provides residents the opportunity to help shape the future of our neighborhood. We are one of 13 neighborhood associations in Bend, Oregon.
This is our opportunity to foster a better working relationship with the city and have a more impactful voice on projects that affect our neighborhood.
Bus stop construction for CET’s Routes 8 and 9 begins next week through October Hello Mountainview, Boyd Acres, and Larkspur Neighborhood Associations, CET’s contractor, Cascades Civil Corps, will begin constructing bus stops in NE and SE Bend neighborhoods for Routes 8 and 9 starting next week throughout the month ofREAD MORE
Midtown Pedestrian and Bicycle Crossings Project Update Post Date: 09/27/2022 12:00 PM
The Transportation Bond Oversight Committee (TBOC) will be hosting a meeting to discuss the Midtown Pedestrian and Bicycle Crossings Feasibility Study Tuesday, October 4 from 4-6 p.m. Members of the public can attend in person at City Hall atREAD MORE
One of our primary goals is to monitor land use and development in our neighborhood. Our Land Use Chair is Carol Elwood. Contact us if you have questions or concerns about land use in our neighborhood.
- Short Term Rental application for 1869 NE Tombstone Way. Comment period ends 10/6/22.
- Short Term Rental application for 1974 NE Jackson. Comment period ends 10/5/22.
- Short Term Rental application for 1884 NE Yellowstone Lane. Comment period ends 10/3/22.
- Height Variance Requested, 1301 NE Medical Center Drive. A future 4-story apartment complex next to The Alexander applied for 55′ height in a zone that allows up to 45′. It will allow for a rooftop lobby/staircase landing and rooftop storage on the eastern rooftop area, described as similar in appearance to the neighboring Alexander. Comments will be accepted through September 27th, 2022.
- Public Neighborhood Meeting regarding development of property at 21455 NE Hwy 20, between NE Hwy 20 and Bear Creek Rd. This is in a recently approved UGB expansion near Mountain View and Larkspur NAs, pursuant to HB 4079, the Affordable Housing Pilot Program. There was an earlier public meeting about this development, but a new meeting must be held because 6 months have passed since the earlier meeting. Meeting will be by Zoom 6pm Wednesday September 28th. [A mailed notification incorrectly identified the day as Thursday.]
- Approval of Short Term Rental, 2119 NE Mistletoe Ct.
- Approval of Short Term Rental, 2384 NE Desert Willow Ct.
- Approval of Short Term Rental, 1815 NE Mark Ct.
- Proposed Code Changes for Short Term Rentals: increase the distance between permitted STRs, as well as other changes. City Council Hearing 7pm October 5, 2022. Hybrid meeting either online or in person in Council chambers. See here for details and how to attend.
- Approval of Short Term Rental, 719 NE Tierra Rd.
- Approval of Short Term Rental, 21223 NE Thornhill Ln.
- Approval of Short Term Rental, 1323 NE Dawson Dr.
- Approval of Short Term Rental, 2907 NE Marea Dr.
- Neighborhood Meeting about proposed apartment building at 1301 Medical Center Drive. 4-story apartment building to have 135 dwelling units, plus club room, fitness area, outdoor pool & BBQ. Height variance will be requested.
- Sign Code updates are being decided which will update the map of different sign code areas. See code details and map here. City Council 1st reading 9/7/22, City Council 2nd reading 9/21/22, and effective date will be 10/21/22.