The Mountain View Neighborhood Association (MVNA) is free to join and provides residents the opportunity to help shape the future of our neighborhood. We are one of 13 neighborhood associations in Bend, Oregon.
This is our opportunity to foster a better working relationship with the city and have a more impactful voice on projects that affect our neighborhood.
U.S. 20: Ward/Hamby Rd. Intersection Project (MP 3.26 – MP 3.86)
ODOT will construct a single-lane roundabout at the intersection of U.S. 20 and Ward/Hamby roads.
The Contractor will have a full road closure of Ward Rd. and Hamby Rd. at US20 the closure will be inREAD MORE
US 20: Ward-Hamby Road Intersection Project (Bend Area) –
The ODOT US 20 Ward/Hamby roundabout is open to traffic as of May 7. Hamby Road is also open to traffic between US 20 and Neff Road, but Ward Road will remain closed through May 20. Ward Road is closed between US 20 andREAD MORE
Bend City Council Houselessness Update 5/4/22
I wanted to start tonight talking about the Rainbow Motel, an important topic due to our earlier conversation with the Bend Central District Business Association and in relation to houselessness.
- The City has purchased the Rainbow Motel property, an opportunistic public investment that
One of our primary goals is to monitor land use and development in our neighborhood. Our Land Use Chair is Carol Elwood. Contact us if you have questions or concerns about land use in our neighborhood.
- Public Hearing with City Council: Code amendments needed due to SB458, subsequent to HB2001. For middle income housing, law requires cities to allow subdivision of lots. For example a quad-plex built on a lot could be split into 4 lots, with 1 dwelling unit each. This would increase ownership opportunities. Hybrid in-person and virtual hearing will be May 18, 2022 7 pm. See here for complete packet of information. Click here for instructions on attending, either in person or on line.
- Short Term Rental approved, 21387 Kristin Ct.
- 2-Parcel Partition approved, 205 NE Bluebird Ct.
- Short Term Rental approved, 21286 Monticello Dr.
- Public Work Session of Planning Commission. Code amendments needed due to SB458, subsequent to HB2001. For middle income housing, law requires cities to allow subdivision of lots. For example a quad-plex built on a lot could be split into 4 lots, with 1 dwelling unit each. This would increase ownership opportunities. Virtual hearing will be May 9, 2022 5:30 pm. See here for complete packet of information. You or anyone else may virtually attend the hearing. Attendance instructions will be on the meeting agenda which will be posted at https://www.bendoregon.gov/government/committees/planning-commission prior to the hearing.
- Neighborhood Meeting, pre application, for 61-lot townhome subdivision on the West side of Eagle Road, South of Wells Acres. Virtual meeting May 5th, 6 pm. See here for details and how to attend.
- Neighborhood Meeting, Pre application, for 11-lot townhome subdivision at Gracie Lane and Don St. near Dean Swift. Virtual meeting April 27th, 6 pm. This is south of Hwy 20, in Larkspur NA but near MVNA. See here for details and how to attend.
- Short Term Rental approved at 3250 Spring Creek Pl.
- Public Hearing in front of Hearings Officer pertaining to UGB expansion at 21455 Highway 20. 35.5 acres for Affordable Housing Pilot Program, HB 4079. This is an in-person hearing May 10, 2022, 6 pm at 1300 Wall St.
- Public Hearing in front of City Council on Code changes pertaining to 3 permanent shelter types. Hybrid Hearing, either virtual or in person at 555 NE 15th. May 4th, 7 pm.
- Approval for expansion and facade changes at Hyundai Auto Dealer, 2250 NE Hwy 20.
- Application received for 170-Unit Affinity Senior Housing in RH zone at Mary Rose Pl/27th. PLSRR20220164 – Site Plan; PLVAR20220173 – Height Variance requested, of 8’8″; PLVAR20220174 – Bicycle parking variance requested, from required 1 space/unit to 1 space/10 units. Comments accepted through 4/18/22.