Updates on the Empire Corridor Project:
EMPIRE CORRIDOR IMPROVEMENTS WEEKLY UPDATE
AUGUST 26, 2021
Early morning work may occur through early September. Work will begin as early as 4 a.m. during this timeframe. This work is limited to NE Butler Market Road and NE Purcell Blvd intersection.
Intermittent work will occur at the intersections of NE Wild Rivers Loop, NE Cradle Mountain Way, NE Purser Avenue and NE Castle Avenue for the next few weeks.
- One intersection will be closed at a time during work hours. All intersections will be open at the end of the work day.
- Construction is dependent on weather, COVID-19 protocols and other factors.
- Workers may be working Saturday, August 28th.
NE Butler Market Road and NE Purcell Blvd roundabout is scheduled to open in October.
- The intersection at NE Purcell Blvd and NE Butler Market Road will be closed for roundabout construction beginning Monday, May 3rd.
- There will be no access allowed for vehicles, bicycles or pedestrians during construction.
- Modernization of NE Purcell Blvd between NE Butler Market Road and the NUID canal (May 3rd-September).
- This section of roadway will be open to local traffic only.
- Detours in place during construction.
- Construction is dependent on weather and other factors.