Town Hall on 4/27/22 – New Shelter Codes Discussion
Wednesday, April 27th, 2022
-arrival time is 5:15pm to complete registration and submit panelist questions.
-Town Hall to promptly start at 5:30pm
Bend residents have been clamoring for an opportunity to discuss the new shelter code changes in a forum that allows them to hear the facts and ask questions. In response, Bend residents, collectively, are hosting Town Hall Meetings with panelists.
The objectives are to:
- Educate Bend residents on the proposed shelter code changes
- Describe programs that successfully serve the houseless
- Discuss with the panel their expectations related to proposed shelter code changes – Engage in productive dialogue via Q&A with the panel Panel of Speakers:
- Deschutes County Commissioner: Patti Adair
- Bend City Councilor: Megan Perkins
- Bend Chief of Police: Mike Krantz
- Houseless Service Provider: Alan Evans (CEO Helping Hands Re-Entry Org)
~Hosted by Neighborhood Associations and BendCares
(a group of caring Bend residents)
We would welcome donations for our costs and we will give any remainder to programs serving the houseless.
Link to Go Fund Me:
Other Town Hall event: Monday, April 25th at 5:15pm (separate evite to register)
Thank you for your time and care!