Transportation – Neff and Purcell Project Update – June 1, 2023
Project construction activities require heavy equipment and open trench work. Stay safe. Always stay outside of the construction areas. Keep children and pets away from the construction zone. Use the posted detour and temporary pedestrian access routes. Please be aware that temporary pedestrian access routes will change as needed during different phases of work.
We have monitored the traffic and installed temporary speed humps on Williamson Court, Paula Drive and Shepard Road. Speed radar devices will continue to be deployed for traffic calming and monitoring in areas experiencing high rates of cut through traffic.
CONSTRUCTION – June 1 through June 8
Processing of the excavated and hammered material continues near Courtney Drive. The crushed rock will be repurposed for pipeline backfill and to change the grade of Neff Road through the intersection.
Installation of the concrete curbs is completed and forming and preparation for the concrete sidewalks begins.
Neff and Purcell Intersection
The franchise utilities such as gas, power, cable, etc. are progressing towards completion of relocating facilities to their ideal locations and depths, the City’s contractor is able to begin the planned improvements of the Neff and Purcell intersection.
Sewer bypass is established to maintain existing sewer functionality during the upcoming sewer main and structure replacements and relocations. Exploratory potholing continues to expedite the infrastructure relocation efforts as well as establish locations for stormwater infrastructure installation.
- Commute Options is here to help you with transportation options during construction. Join the Neff/Purcell Improvement Project network on Get There Connect to match up in a carpool, explore your transit, biking, walking options, help reduce traffic and more! Sign up today and learn more about your chance to win a $50 gift card! Visit Commute Options for more information.
- The City is committed to keeping neighbors, businesses and the community informed throughout the project through public informational meetings, mailings, emails and the project website. For more information, contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact us if you need any additional materials that would be helpful to spread the word to your patients, clients, customers and delivery personnel regarding detouring and closures.
- Share the website information where others can also sign up for updates: bendoregon.gov/neff-purcell
Road Closures and Detours
The intersection of Neff Road and Purcell Boulevard is closed for construction. Detour routes are listed below. Delays are expected. Give yourself extra time to reach your destination.
- Eastbound (south option) – go south on NE 8th Street, east on Greenwood Avenue, north on 27th Street
- Eastbound (north option) – go north on NE 8th Street, east on Butler Market Road and south on 27th Street
- Westbound (south option) – go south on 27th Street, west on Greenwood Avenue, north on 8th Street
- Westbound (north option) – go north on 27th Street, west on Butler Market Road and south on 8th Street
City of Bend Interactive Traffic Impacts Map
You may also monitor current and upcoming detours and closures at bendoregon.gov/traffic.
Temporary Pedestrian Access Routes
Please use marked temporary pedestrian detours. Please be aware the temporary pedestrian access routes will change as needed during different phases of work.
Questions and Comments?
- Project Phone Line: (458) 202-7348
- Project Email: email@example.com
- Project Website: bendoregon.gov/neff-purcell
- Project Engineer: Drew Wells, PE
This project is partly funded by the voter-approved 2020 Transportation General Obligation (GO) Bond. To learn about more projects around Bend included in the GO Bond, visit bendoregon.gov/gobond.