MVNA – Graffiti Removal around Bend – Reference Guide

Graffiti Removal around Bend

A Quick Reference Guide Compiled by the MVNA 

Graffiti is considered vandalism and falls under criminal mischief or a public nuisance crime. We do not encourage people to simply cover up graffiti; reporting it ensures that these crimes are officially documented and can help law enforcement in identifying repeat perpetrators. Thank you for keeping our neighborhoods free of damaging graffiti and preventing this vandalism.


  • Deschutes County:
    • As stated on the Deschutes County Community Justice website, “There is no cost for graffiti removal services. When a report is received, an officer attempts to identify the victim(s) and get a Graffiti Removal Waiver (Provided in the Supporting Documents at the bottom of this page) to either remove or repaint over the graffiti. If the property owner does not have paint or cannot afford to buy it, staff do their best to match colors and get paint through donations, or the department buys it directly from local suppliers.”
    • Residents are to call the number provided on the web page to start the process for graffiti removal assistance. 
  • City of Bend:
    • Submit a Citizen Service Request for graffiti damage to City property, including street signs. Be sure to include the exact location of the sign or property, and it is very helpful to include a picture. 
  • Bend Police Department:
    • Filing a police report for graffiti would fall under Criminal Mischief (Vandalism).
    • Pictures can be helpful as sometimes graffiti can be recognizable for certain characteristics that might connect the vandalism to a specific perpetrator. 
  • Bend Parks and Recreation:
    • This Bend Parks and Rec page includes numbers to call to report many maintenance issues, including graffiti and/or vandalism. 
  • Utility boxes: 
    • For Pacific Power utility boxes, using the customer service contact form, you can report the specific location of the utility box; most boxes also have identification numbers you can submit, too. 
  • U.S. Postal Service:
    • This form allows citizens to report vandalism to postal boxes. Again, specific location information and identifying numbers will help the process.