Transportation – Neff-Purcell Construction Update 4/14/2023
Neff and Purcell Project Update
Construction season continues to ramp up in Bend. National Work Zone Awareness Week begins April 17 to encourage safe driving, especially through work zones and when using detours or alternate routes. Use extra caution and allow additional time to reach your destination. We appreciate your patience during construction. We all play a role in keeping our roads safe.
Monitor current and upcoming detours and closures in Bend at bendoregon.gov/traffic.
Relocation of underground utilities continues in coordination with franchise utility companies like gas, power and internet providers throughout both project areas. Multiple utility companies are working collaboratively to relocate their infrastructure preparing for the next phase of work. During this process, there may be overlapping start and completion cycles or a gap between when one company finishes up work and another one begins working. As the work continues, the intersection closure will remain in place. There may be additional temporary traffic impacts near the closure, such as flagging or lane shifts, however we will continue to do our best to minimize disruptions to traffic and nearby properties.
Water line replacement continues on the Purcell extension. This requires temporary water shut-offs for a small number of properties near the extension. If your property will be impacted, you will be notified directly in advance of any service interruptions.
Clearing and grubbing of the work area continues along Purcell Boulevard to prepare for the widening of the roadway. This will involve removing trees, shrubs and other vegetation in the City’s right-of-way.
- Commute Options is here to help you with transportation options during construction. Join the Neff/Purcell Improvement Project network on Get There Connect to match up in a carpool, explore your transit, biking, walking options, help reduce traffic and more! Sign up today and learn more about your chance to win a $50 gift card!
Visit Commute Options for more information.
- Project Communications – The City is committed to keeping neighbors, businesses and the community informed throughout the project through public informational meetings, mailings, emails and the project website. For more information, contact the project team at email@example.com.
- Please contact us if you need any additional materials that would be helpful to spread the word to your patients, clients, customers and delivery personnel regarding detouring and closures.
- Share the website information where others can also sign up for updates: bendoregon.gov/neff-purcell
Road Closures and Detours
*Closure dates are estimates and subject to change.
- Eastbound (south option) – go south on 8th Street, east on Greenwood Avenue, north on 27th Street
- Eastbound (north option) – go north on 8th Street, east on Butler Market Road and south on 27th Street
- Westbound (south option) – go south on 27th Street, west on Greenwood Avenue, north on 8th Street
- Westbound (north option) – go north on 27th Street, west on Butler Market Road and south on 8th Street
Please use marked temporary pedestrian access routes. Please note the temporary pedestrian access routes will change during different phases of work.
Interactive Traffic Impacts Map
You may also monitor current and upcoming detours and closures at bendoregon.gov/traffic.
Questions and Comments?
- Project Phone Line: (458) 202-7348
- Project Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Website: bendoregon.gov/neff-purcell
- Project Engineer: Drew Wells, PE
This project is partly funded by the voter-approved 2020 Transportation General Obligation (GO) Bond. To learn about more projects around Bend included in the GO Bond, visit bendoregon.gov/gobond.