MVNA Annual Meeting – June 26th 2023
Neighbors, you are invited!
Join your MVNA neighbors for our Annual General Membership Meeting, Monday, June 26, from 5:00 – 7:00 pm. This free event will be held in the gymnasium of the St. Francis of Assisi School, located at 2450 NE 27th Street.
This event is open to all who live and work within the Mountain View Neighborhood boundaries, and we hope to see you there! Pizza and cookies will be served.
Please note that due to sidewalk construction at the main entrance, attendees will need to park in the main lot of St. Francis and then walk a short distance back down the sidewalk along the driveway to the gym’s entrance. We will have signs posted for where to enter.
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm: City of Bend and Community Tables. Visit with representatives from a variety of City and community groups to learn more about their organizations and ask your questions. Table hosts include City of Bend transportation projects and key routes, Water Smart, Commute Options, Bend Bikes, Pollinator Pathway, Dark Skies Bend, Neighbor Impact, Deschutes County Health, Latino Community Association, Deschutes Public Library, Red Cross, Bend Food Project, the Environmental Center, and more!
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm: Guest Speaker City Councilor Megan Perkins. Attendees are encouraged to submit questions in advance by emailing MVNA or submitting them HERE.
- Board elections and bylaw update approval. Elections will be held for new board members and we will vote regarding the following updates to the MVNA bylaws: reduce the number of required board meetings from monthly to quarterly, with the ability to call additional meetings as needed; change the name from Mountain View Neighborhood Association to Mountain View Neighborhood District, in accordance with the City of Bend’s rebranding campaign
With elections happening at our next meeting, I would like to take this opportunity to to thank the following members whose terms are ending on the MVNA board. It is always difficult to say farewell to our board members, and this year is no exception.
- Beth Hoover has provided excellent leadership to the MVNA board since her election in 2016. Beth has held positions as board secretary, board chair, and most recently as the Neighborhood Association Round Table (NART) representative. Beth’s knowledge of the MVNA history, ability to evaluate neighborhood issues from many sides, and strong leadership skills will be missed. Thank you, Beth, for all your hard work!
- Carol Elwood has been our land use chair extraordinaire since 2017. Carol’s attention to detail and careful reporting regarding land use, such as Short Term Rental applications, land development projects, etc., will be greatly missed as she has kept the MVNA well informed about development changes in our area. Thank you, Carol, for all you have done to further the work of the MVNA!
- Michael Whitter has been our vice chair on the MVNA board since 2021, and prior to that served on the fireworks action committee. Michael has dependably monitored our email communications, updated our social media page, and kept our website up to date. This behind the scenes work has been critical for the efforts of the MVNA and the board will miss Michael’s thorough and efficient contributions. Thank you, Michael, for all you have done for MVNA!
I am also not seeking another term on the board, but I have enjoyed my time with MVNA. I joined in 2017, serving first as vice chair, then secretary, and finally as chair. My heartfelt thanks to everyone on the MVNA board for all their hard work; our accomplishments as the MVNA succeed because of the talents, time, and energy of everyone involved. It has been a pleasure to serve with such wonderful individuals who strive to ensure our neighborhood’s voice is heard and to advocate for the needs of our neighbors.
And, with that, if you are interested in joining the work of the MVNA, please reach out to us via email or put yourself on the ballot on Monday night! We look forward to welcoming new board members and seeing what new endeavors MVNA can accomplish.
Sarah Spernak, MVNA Board Chair