Transportation – Neff-Purcell Construction Update 7/21/2023
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE – July 24–31
- Pre-paving preparation work continues on the new roadway section of the Purcell Boulevard extension. Paving of this section is targeted for late July. Purcell Boulevard will remain closed until the completion of the modernization.
- Concrete curb and sidewalk through the extension portion has been completed.
- The full closure of the modernization portion of Purcell Boulevard continues as crews continue to work on water, sewer, and stormwater infrastructure. Impacted properties will receive notice if their water service is expected to be impacted.
- Demolition of existing right of way surfaces is ongoing.
- Striping of bike lanes along Purcell Blvd from Butler Market Road to Robinson Street is scheduled to occur the first week of August. During striping and after striping is complete, there will be No parking allowed along Purcell Boulevard within this stretch of roadway.
Neff and Purcell Intersection
- The franchise utilities, such as gas, power, cable, etc., are progressing towards completion of relocating facilities to their ideal locations and depths.
- Replacement and installation of the sewer pipelines and manholes continues throughout all segments of the intersection.
- Installation of the new stormwater systems is ongoing.
- Excavation for the storm water system at the intersection of Cliff Drive and Neff Road continues.
- Patch paving of Cliff Drive near Neff Road will be performed on Wednesday, July 26.
- Commute Options is here to help you with transportation options during construction. Join the Neff/Purcell Improvement Project network on Get There Connect to match up in a carpool, explore your transit, biking, walking options, help reduce traffic and more! Sign up today and learn more about your chance to win a $50 gift card! Visit Commute Options for more information.
- The City is committed to keeping neighbors, businesses and the community informed throughout the project through public informational meetings, mailings, emails and the project website. For more information, contact the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact us if you need any additional materials that would be helpful to spread the word to your patients, clients, customers and delivery personnel regarding detouring and closures.
- Share the website information where others can also sign up for updates: bendoregon.gov/neff-
ROAD CLOSURES AND DETOURS
Neff and Purcell Intersection Detour Routes
- Eastbound (south option) – go south on Eighth Street, east on Greenwood Avenue, north on 27th Street
- Eastbound (north option) – go north on Eighth Street, east on Butler Market Road and south on 27th Street
- Westbound (south option) – go south on 27th Street, west on Greenwood Avenue, north on Eighth Street
- Westbound (north option) – go north on 27th Street, west on Butler Market Road and south on Eighth Street
Temporary Pedestrian Access Routes
Please use marked temporary pedestrian detours. Please be aware these temporary pedestrian access routes will change as needed during different phases of work.
Interactive Traffic Impacts Map
You may also monitor current and upcoming detours and closures at bendoregon.gov/traffic.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS?
- Project Phone Line: (458) 202-7348
- Project Email: neffpurcell@bendoregon.
- Project Website: bendoregon.gov/neff-
- Project Engineer: Drew Wells, PE
This project is partly funded by the voter-approved 2020 Transportation General Obligation (GO) Bond. To learn about more projects around Bend included in the GO Bond, visit bendoregon.gov/gobond.